Want to Lose Weight? Here’s a Guide to the Best Weight Loss Supplements
Are you struggling to lose weight? If you are doing everything from working out to maintaining a strict diet but to no avail, you can turn to natural weight loss supplements. Today, there are many different types of products available in the market and it might be overwhelming to make the right choice. Here, we have compiled a guide for you to help you find the best weight loss supplement for you.
What are Weight Loss Supplements?
Weight loss supplements refer to manufactured formulations that are specifically designed to help individuals lose unwanted weight. These supplements are found in tablet, liquid, or capsule form. Capsules are perfect if you don’t want to taste the ingredients of the formulation. Tablets are also a good option, but some tablets require you to leave them on your tongue for a while and wait for them to dissolve.
The role of weight loss supplements is to suppress your appetite for food and keep you full for longer. They also resist the urge to eat more. Some of them even work by enhancing the fat-burning processes that naturally take place in your body.
If your healthy eating and exercise efforts are not showing the desired results, you can turn to supplements. A weight loss supplement might just be what you need to turn your weight loss dreams into reality. However, taking supplements does not mean that you stop exercising or give up the other efforts.
When it comes to weight loss supplements, you will find the following types:
- Supplements to reduce appetite – There are diet supplements that will make you feel full for a long time so that you eat fewer calories. Also, it suppresses your urges of eating more.
- Supplements to reduce the absorption of nutrients – Some of the weight loss supplements work by reducing the absorption of nutrients, such as fat. This way you are going to consume fewer calories.
- Supplements to increase fat burning – Fat burning supplements help your body burn more calories. These supplements increase the fat-burning process that is naturally happening in your body. To know about the best fat burning supplements, go through our reviews.
Are Weight Loss Supplements Safe?
When it comes to supplements or anything that you are putting inside your body, your top priority should be safety. In the case of fat-burning supplements, they are usually considered safe. Most of them are even FDA-approved.
However, you must not self-medicate yourself. If you end up taking the wrong dosage or the wrong combination, the results might be life-threatening. The recommended threshold for use of weight loss supplements is a BMI of 30 or more. If you are suffering from weight-related conditions like type-2 diabetes, high cholesterol, or hypertension, this number might drop to 27. So, you are advised to always consult your doctor before getting started on weight loss supplements.
The approved weight loss supplements come with appropriate warnings that have been designed to keep you safe. Make sure to read the warnings before consuming them. For instance, pregnant women and nursing women are advised to not take weight loss supplements. The same goes for people suffering from eating disorders.
Make sure to talk to your doctor before starting your weight loss journey with supplements. After speaking to your doctor, you can take a look at our list of the top 10 most effective weight loss supplements that you can start taking.
What are the Possible Side Effects?
Even though weight loss supplements are safe for use, they might have side effects. Similar to other medicines and products, you have to be aware of the side effects before taking weight loss supplements. The side effects might be aggravated if you have any underlying health conditions or taking any kind of medication that might react to one or more ingredients in the supplement. Consult your doctor before starting on any weight loss supplement.
Some of the possible side effects of weight loss supplements include:
Medically proven weight loss supplements typically cause mild or manageable side effects. However, if you experience anything serious or severe, do not hesitate to seek medical attention.
Best Weight Loss Supplement for Men Under & Over 40
Safe weight loss supplements are finally available for men and it is great news because men’s bodies demand a different approach to balancing hormones, losing weight, and muscle mass than women’s bodies. Men and women require different weight loss supplements because their weight loss is different. While women prefer to look slim and toned, men typically want to lose weight to build muscles and appear pumped.
For men, the weight loss supplements are straightforward and they burn fat, curb appetite and enhance energy for exercise. They are not a miracle pill and they are meant to support regular exercise and a lean diet.
Men’s weight loss supplements contain metabolism and energy supporting ingredients like:
- Green tea extract;
- Apple cider vinegar;
- Vitamin B and Vitamin D;
- Aloe vera;
- Garcinia Cambogia;
- Horny goat weed;
- Whey protein;
- HCA (hydroxycitric acid);
- Olive leaf extract;
As for men over 40, they would need a vitamin supplement for weight loss. This is because, by the age of 40, men experience a deficiency of the vitamin.
Diving into the weight loss supplement market can be overwhelming, so we have listed some of the most effective weight loss supplements for men that you can check out. You can even go through our detailed review to make your choice.
Best for Women
Weight loss supplements for women target fat conversion and absorption to help speed up metabolism, suppress appetite, and make women feel full for a long time. The important ingredients are forskolin, chitosan, CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), synephrine (bitter orange extract), and Garcinia Cambogia.
Women’s weight loss goals veer toward toned and slimmed versus men’s bulky and pumped. However, it is still important that women gain lean muscle so that they can burn calories while resting. Also, keep the body strong and supported. In case you are short on energy, you can check out weight loss supplements that provide energizing effects, such as those from caffeine.
The key ingredients that should be in your weight management supplements include:
- Vitamins B12 and B6;
The ingredients will be available on the packaging label. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients or you are taking any kind of medication that might react, make sure to talk to your healthcare provider. If you are afraid of the side effects, you can check out our list of herbal supplements for weight loss that are made from natural ingredients. However, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you must avoid taking any kind of weight loss pills or supplements.
How Can You Increase the Efficiency of Weight Loss Supplements?
The first step to losing weight is getting starting on a weight loss supplement regimen. However, to get the most out of the product, you need to integrate it effectively into your lifestyle.
Here’s how you can maximize the result of the supplement that you have chosen:
- Take the weight loss supplement consistently – You have to take the supplement consistently to see results. Product directions typically require you to take either one or more doses a day. Make sure not to miss your doses. If you forget to take the supplement or take it once every couple of days, your body will not get the full impact of the ingredients.
- Drink a lot of water during mealtimes – Water helps in the absorption of the ingredients of the supplements to help lose weight. By drinking plenty of water, you will ensure that your digestive system can break down the supplements quickly. Also, water is required for the expansion of dietary fibers like glucomannan. When this dietary fiber expands, it takes up a lot of space in the digestive system of your body. Therefore, you will feel the need to eat less as you will feel full for longer.
- Reduce your calorie intake – Weight loss depends on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) being higher than the number of consumed calories. So, you either need to boost your energy output or you have to reduce your energy input. Decreasing your caloric intake relates to suppressing your appetite so that you eat smaller meals and also snack less.
- Maintain a regular exercise routine – Since weight loss depends on your TDEE, you have to increase your energy output so that it balances out the calories that you are consuming. This is why exercise should be an important part of your weight loss journey. It doesn’t matter if it is low intensity. You can take number one weight loss supplements and also incorporate daily exercise into your routine. You can workout at home or you can hit the gym. If you are new to an active lifestyle, you can even start with a short job or gentle walking.
When you do all of these, along with consuming weight loss supplements, you can look forward to seeing results quickly. You must remember that weight loss supplements are created to boost your weight loss journey. But, you cannot rely on supplements alone to see results. You have to continue eating healthy and exercising.
How to take?
Taking weight loss supplements depends on the form of supplement that you have chosen. Popularly, there are three forms:
- Pills or tablets;
For the first two, you can simply swallow it down with a large glass of water. However, there are a few tablets that would require you to place it on your tongue and allowing it to dissolve before you can swallow it. But, if you don’t want to taste the ingredients of the fat-burning supplements, you can opt for taking capsules.
As for the powdered form of weight loss supplements, you can mix it to your hot or even cold beverage. You can make a smoothie or even sprinkle it on your salad. You can get as creative with it as you please.
What dosage of weight loss supplement is right for you?
The recommended dosage varies depending on your body weight, weight loss goals, metabolic rate, and so on. Also, some of the weight loss supplements are specifically created for the female body. Moreover, you might be asked to take 2 capsules three times a day or someone else might be taking powdered supplements 2 times a day.
The best way to ascertain the right dosage for you is to ask your doctor. You can also consult your gym trainer and go through the directions mentioned on the supplement that you have chosen.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started on weight loss supplements that actually work. Our reviews will help you make the right choice.
Tags: list of supplements, zinc picolinate supplement, supplements for muscle growth, what is a dietary supplement, guarana dosage, what is l carnitine used for, what is rhodiola rosea, best male enhancement supplement, red yeast rice for cholesterol, chromium side effects