Looking to Buy Men’s Supplements? Here’s What You Need to Know!
In an ideal world, it is assumed that we get all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients from the food we eat. But, this is not true at all. We face nutritional gaps in our daily lives and to fill those gaps we need to add dietary supplements. As per USDA, men need to eat leafy vegetables and fresh fruits every day, but that doesn’t happen. They have deficits in all nutritional categories.
Due to locations, lifestyles, genetics, and food availability, you may not get all the essential nutrients that are needed to support great health. For example, if you’re eating only vegetables, you may have low potassium levels in your body. Again, if you spend much time indoors, you may have insufficient vitamin D.
There’re other factors as well that influence nutrients deficiency in men, including stress levels, the kind of activities they do, and family history. Plus, alcohol addiction, caffeine consumption, excessive travel can all play a key role in this. In short, you will be always at risk of developing a nutritional deficiency. To combat this, you need to try out men's health supplements.
Multivitamins: How do they help?
Men include more multivitamins and supplements in their diet as they grow older. There’re many reasons why one should take these supplements like:
- to minimize the risk of developing severe ailments;
- to suffice the nutrients that lack in the meals;
- to enrich their entire health.
However, one shouldn’t take more than the recommended dosage because that can cause health risks. You can find more about this in our review section.
For young adults, should focus more on consuming a nutritionally rich diet filled with beans, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, fruits, dairy, and poultry products. But those who lack nutrients in their meals can opt for mineral supplements. 1000 mg of calcium can help them in building stronger bones and teeth. Also, young males should consume 8 mg of iron daily to prevent anemia.
For males above 50, osteoporosis is quite common and the risk of developing it also increases. Getting additional male supplements like, vitamin D and calcium can help them to protect bones. In their 50s, they must try to include 2.4 mg of vitamin B12 in their lifestyle. After hitting 70, they should try to take 800 IU of vitamin D and 1200 mg of calcium each day.
As athletes, bodybuilders, and others who are into rigorous workouts tend to burn more calories than any ordinary individual, they need to consume more calories. Vitamin D plays a key role in their health, but they are the best men's muscle building supplements as well available in the market. They need supplements because:
- to recover from muscle wear and tear;
- to build more muscles for completion;
- to increase their performance during workouts;
- to support their immune system.
If you’re looking forward to buying the best supplements for men, check our top 10 products list.
Do supplements help with prostate problems?
Size of a walnut, the prostate gland is a part of the reproductive system of men. It makes the fluid in semen and that’s why it’s essential to make the gland function well. Inflammation or enlargement of the prostate can adversely affect urination and sexual activities. Generally, your prostate can face three major issues like.
- BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia) - enlargement of the gland with age;
- Prostatitis - infection or swelling of the gland;
- Prostate cancer - This is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men that occurs on the prostate gland.
While supplements can cure these problems but can help you to have a healthy, functioning prostate gland and protect it from infection. There’re very limited shreds of evidence supporting the effectiveness of health supplements in treating prostate issues. But below are a few supplements that you can add to your lifestyle.
- Beta-sitosterol - This is generally found in plants that help in easing BPH symptoms. It helps you to urinate better and empties the bladder smoothly.
- Pygeum - Extracted from the bark of the African plum tree, pygeum helps men with BPH symptoms like waking up at night to pee, frequent pee during the day, emptying the bladder better, and a stronger urine stream.
- Rye pollen extract - This can also improve a few BPH symptoms, including dribbling after peeing, having the urgency to pee throughout the day, painful urination, and a weak urine stream. Studies have shown that rye pollen extract also helps in shrinking the size of the gland.
- Saw palmetto - Found in North America, this tree has shown promising results in reducing the size of an inflamed prostate and alleviates pain during peeing. Men can also ease other symptoms like a weak stream, urgent need to pee, frequent urination, and problem in starting to pee. It may take you a month or more to see positive results.
- Pumpkin seeds - Top supplements for men loaded with pumpkin seeds’ extracts can help in reducing the prostate’s size. It shows better results when you take it with supplements containing saw palmetto.
- Stinging nettle - The root of this herb helps men a lot with better urine flow and is used with other supplements to ease out BPH troubles.
To know more about this, you can check our reviews.
Improve sexual health
It’s pretty common to look for ways to boost sex life. Though some men will use Viagra for a stronger erection, some prefer sticking to natural supplements. Research has shown that many supplements can enhance sexual performance and treats erectile dysfunction. Here’re some of the best male performance supplements that you need to try. Or, you can go through our featured products as well.
- DHEA - This enhances libido, improves sex drive, and cures erectile dysfunction in men. The adrenaline glands of your body produce DHEA, which your body later uses to create sex hormones.
- Fenugreek - This is one of the top-selling supplements for men because the herb helps in intense arousal. A study found that men who took supplements rich in fenugreek have an increased libido, enjoyed a stronger orgasm, enhanced sexual activity, greater muscular strength, and overall immense energy. There have been no negative effects reported so far.
- Ginseng - Many don’t know that ginseng has superpowers and has been referred to as an aphrodisiac. In traditional Chinese medical practice, this herb is used as a complete sex enhancer and one of the effective treatments for erectile dysfunction. Also, it has favorable effects on overall penile function, sperm quality, libido, and men’s fertility issues. Many studies stated that it helped men with better penetration and performance, greater rigidity, and maintenance of erections.
- L-citrulline - L-arginine is the most common amino acid you can find in men’s supplements, but it has a high rate of metabolism. This is why men need to stick to taking L-citrulline because your body changes it to L-arginine. Men who started taking L-citrulline reported having sex with satisfying results.
- Maca - Men who included maca supplements in their diet experienced more libido and improved sperm function.
- Yohimbine - Yohimbine helps in lowering blood pressure, widening blood vessels, improving sexual organs' health, fighting erectile dysfunction, and giving firmer erections. Extracted from the bark of an African evergreen tree, this supplement must be taken as suggested by doctors. A higher dose can cause headaches and anxiety.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E is essential for athletes, sportspersons, swimmers, and others who are into workouts. It not only improves your overall health but also nurtures better sperm.
- Tribulus - It is widely used as a supplement to increase testosterone levels in men and increasing their sexual desires. Tribulus is a small plant whose fruits and roots are used in Chinese medicine used to increase sexual satisfaction.
Are you tempted to buy the best men's supplements to have a powerful libido? Check our top 10 product list.
What supplements should you take for your joint support?
With age, men too face a lot of acute, sharp pain in the joints of the elbows, knees, hands, shoulders, and other parts of their bodies. This is because of osteoporosis and arthritis. There’re are dozen of anti-inflammatory and pain relievers available on over-the-counter stores, but some like to include the best joint supplement for men in their lives for a better living. Which supplements to buy? Outlined below are some.
- Glucosamine - Glucosamine is a substance found in the cartilage that stops bone friction and prevents swelling and pain. Constant friction between the bones can break the cartilage down, which can also happen due to arthritis. Supplements containing glucosamine are most suited for osteoarthritis, improving joint pain and slowing down the progression. However, talk to a doctor before consuming.
- Chondroitin - Just like glucosamine, chondroitin is also found in cartilage, preventing its breakdown. Taking the best men supplements packed with chondroitin can minimize joint pain, soreness ad stiffness. You can see a great improvement in movement and pain in the joints. When taken for years, it may reduce slows down osteoarthritis progression. Take 400 to 800 mg twice or thrice daily.
- SAMe - SAMe (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) eases the symptoms of osteoarthritis and depression. This is naturally produced by the liver and serves different functions including repair of cartilages. When SAMe is taken as a supplement, it alleviates joint pain and reduces inflammation. Take 200-400 mg of SAMe thrice per day.
- Turmeric - This is one of the most popular supplements for easing ache. Turmeric has a chemical compound called curcumin that has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Boswellia - Boswellia is commonly used for curing pain caused by arthritis. It also has a chemical extract known as Boswellia acids used for anti-inflammatory purposes.
- ASUs (avocado-soybean unsaponifiables) - Extracted from soybean and avocado oils, ASUs prevent the friction and breakage of the cartilages and also repair them. You can take ASUs supplements of 300 mg each day to relieve joint pain.
- Fish oil - Fish oil contains Omega 3 fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties that work favorably for rheumatoid arthritis. Consume 300 to 1000 mg per day and see a promising result. If you want more knowledge regarding this, you can go through our review sections.
Tips for choosing
Choosing multivitamins and the best supplements for men can be very tricky because not all go through the same issues. Plus, the products’ range is so diverse that it becomes overwhelming to find the right one. Many come with multiple components while some focus only on one physical ailment. No matter what your condition is- whether you’re suffering from erectile dysfunction or want to improve your overall sports performance, consult with a health care provider before including one in your diet.
Our reviews will give you more insight into this and you can find some of the best dietary supplements for men in our product list.
Tags: supplements that work, potassium supplement side effects, best pre workout supplement for cardio, top health supplements, garcinia cambogia dietary supplements, best vitamin c for kids, what does prenatal vitamins do, rhodiola supplement, collagen supplements for joints, women's vitality supplement