Best L-Carnitine Supplement
Have you ever wished you could have more energy? If the answer is yes, maybe you have tried reducing your hours of sleep, adding more caffeine into your lifestyle, or even just doing less.
While all of these in some shape or form may be able to give you energy, there's one supplement in the health sector that has been reported by many to help their daily performance. Whether this performance is for personal, business or athletic reasons, there's a supplement that is attracting the attention of many.
This is known as L-carnitine supplement. To know more about the best types of L-carnitine supplements please check out our top 10 list.
What is the job of l-carnitine?
This is a supplement mainly used for nutrition and dietary purposes. Inside the amino acid, which helps our bodies produce energy. L-Carnitine works as it moves fatty acids from your body into your mitochondria. Mitochondria are cells which contain adenosine triphosphate (ADP), otherwise known as energy and help fuel our body.
When fatty acids are moved from L-Carnitine, the mitochondria use this as fuel and burns it into more energy. The best way you can get L- Carnitine is from eating foods that contain amino acids like methionine and lysine. Once digested, your liver and kidneys will turn this into L-Carnitine.
Similarly, after creation, if there's an excess amount of it in your body, your kidneys can store it for later and often excrete excess amounts through your urine.
Another essential factor of L-Carnitine is that it also pushes out the bad toxins out of the cells. Certain areas of your body, like your skeletal and cardiac tissues and muscles, absorb the fatty acids and transform them into energy. However, for your body to produce enough L-Carnitine, it has to have an optimum environment. This means you must have lots of vitamin C in your body to ensure your cells convert the amino acids into L-Carnitine.
The easiest L-Carnitine way to get this is through food; however if you struggle doing this you can take the supplement version.
TypesYou can get this version in a standard capsule or pill that is used as a compound. Then from its compound, by-products are made to take orally, the most common ones are designed for different genders.
- L-Carnitine for Women: Female L-Carnitine works to protect your brain and heart. It’s usually taken alone or swallowed with food.
- L-Carnitine for Men: Males take this to boost their sexual performance. It acts in a way that's similar to viagra and triggers the amount of blood flow produced by the body. This is highly effective for men with erectile dysfunction.
- Other L-Carnitine Supplements: Generally, others tends to help restore the levels of sugar in your blood, especially if you suffer from low blood sugar. It's normally advised to take this supplement for up to 12 months maximum and then have a break. Again the dose amount of this supplement can vary between 500-2000mg.
Best food sources
If you're not the type of person who likes to take supplements and want to find a natural method to get L-Carnitine, you can get it from eating food. Such foods are meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
What is l-carnitine good for?
Apart from boosting your energy, L-Carnitine can help you by bettering your body by doing the following:
- Can help weight loss: Amongst some users, L-Carnitine is believed to aid weight loss. This is because once taken, the amount can increase in your muscle tissue. Therefore, causing larger fat proportions to be burned at a quicker speed and helping your muscles recover faster from exercise. However, there is some skepticism surrounding this, as obese sedentary individuals have only reported the positive effects. Not many active people, in shape, or young have noticed weight loss benefits.
- Enhance your cognition: There have been animal studies conducted showing that Acetyl-L-Carnitine could positively impact brain cognition. Likewise, some studies have supported that it can slow down your brain's decline, reducing the risk of diseases like Alzheimer's occurring. This is because more energy can reach brain cells quickly.
- Provide strength to your bones: L-Carnitine is transformed a lot in skeletal tissues. As a result, it stimulates the bones, making them stronger and increasing the number of minerals in your bones. It also prevents fragments of your bone from being lost.
- Can better your exercise performance: Athletes commonly use L-Carnitine to boost their performance. Due to the increased amount of red blood cells from L-Carnitine, more oxygen can reach your muscles and brain, increasing stamina and recovery.
- Limit your heart disease chances: When your body converts amino acids to L-Carnitine, it causes your blood flow to increase, and your body metabolizes glucose quicker. Thus, it makes your heart work harder to pump blood protecting the tissues reducing the risk of strokes, heart attacks, diabetes, and other diseases.
- Sexual dysfunction and infertility in men: When you take L-Carnitine, it works as a catalyst to help your body metabolize drugs like viagra. The increased blood flow from L-Carnitine helps men become erect.
L-Carnitine side effects
Yeah, we get it; L-Carnitine sounds pretty impressive with a range of tremendous benefits. You must be aware of its side effects that go hand in hand with its benefits. When it comes to taking L-Carnitine, generally, anything 2mg or less is acceptable to take. If, however you're taking anything higher, you could experience the following side effects:
Can block thyroxine and triiodothyronine from entering your cells. If you're someone who has hypothyroid, this is dangerous to take.
There is a risk of your blood clotting and getting heart disease. Sometimes bacteria in your intestine can metabolize L-Carnitine and can turn it into a compound known as TMAO. This stops cholesterol from building up in your body and causes plaque to build up in your arteries.
- Abdominal Cramps.
If you're a woman who's pregnant, L-Carnitine is dangerous to take. Consult with your physician first, as your safety is not guaranteed.
Similarly, L-Carnitine may have some interactions with specific medications like blood-thinning drugs and drugs designed to decrease blood sugar.
L-Carnitine has an abundance of benefits, from helping you feel more energized, feel more cognitively alert, better athletic performance, decrease heart disease, improve your sexual life, and much more. Like its benefits, there are many side effects, and it can quickly react with certain medications. Therefore before you take it, we recommend consulting with the advice of your physician first.
Tags: best supplements, yohimbe benefits, multivitamin for men reviews, best over the counter prenatal vitamins, men's vitality supplements, red yeast rice for cholesterol, best vitamin c for kids, polyphenols side effects, quickest weight loss supplements, best b12 supplement