A Guide to Choose the Right Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins
Do you know the secret to strong nails, shiny hair, and glowing skin? While a lot of it depends on your diet and staying hydrated, you can also boost your beauty regime with hair, skin, and nails supplements. With the right supplements, you can make your nails less likely to break and chip, protect your skin from the signs of aging and prevent your hair from breakage. So, how can you choose the right one for you? Here’s a guide to help you.
Supplements for Stronger, Thicker Hair
There can be so many reasons behind hair thinning and losing hair. It can be because of your diet, pollution, and/or stress. Fortunately, there are supplements for healthy hair that can provide you with the right minerals and vitamins for healthy hair growth. A supplement with biotin, keratin, all the alphabetic vitamins, hyaluronic acid, or a combination of them can help your hair to grow stronger, longer, and thicker in just a few weeks.
The key to getting the desired results? You have to be consistent when it comes to taking vitamins and supplements for hair growth. Commit to them for a minimum of 6 months to see the best results. When you take oral supplements for hair growth, it is quickly absorbed in your bloodstream where it provides your cells, including the follicles of your hair, the nourishment that they need. Hair thrives on iron, protein, vitamin B12, and zinc as they support hair growth and structure, and also moisturizes the scalp. If you’re not getting enough nutrients from your diet, you can increase the low levels by using supplements.
For Healthy, Glowing Skin
We don’t dispute that good, healthy, and glowing skin comes from within. If you have a poor diet or you are not drinking enough water, the effects will manifest on your face in the form of blemishes, dehydration, and dullness. While it is important to consume a nutritious and balanced diet, sometimes it might be helpful to support what you are eating with supplements for good skin.
Skincare can be quite complicated as it is a holistic practice. The application of topical formulas is not enough. Your diet, lifestyle, and emotions play a crucial role in the health of your skin. If you are not sleeping or eating well, or you are under a lot of stress or feeling anxious, it will show in your skin. Also, the skin has an intrinsic connection with your gut. You can directly influence your skin by nourishing your gut. For healthy skin, you need to deliver the appropriate ingredients through the blood supply so that your body can produce collagen and fight off free radicals. This is where supplements for healthy skin come in.
Some of the vitamins and nutrients that can boost the health of your skin include vitamins E, C, and A, as well as, vitamin B3 and zinc. Essential fatty acids are also required, but your body cannot synthesize them, and therefore, they have to be supplemented.
For Strong Nails
Does it feel disheartening to look down at your bare nails after you’ve removed the nail polish? If your nails appear to be brittle and discolored once the polish is removed, you need to assess your health. It might be that your nails are not getting the nourishment that they need and this is the reason why they are spotty or get chipped easily. Luckily for you, supplements for strong nails are available and you can take them to improve the health of your nails.
By taking supplements, you would be tackling the issues with your nails for their source. Some vitamins and minerals help in maintaining proper nail health and also support the rejuvenation and growth of nails. When you think that you’re not getting enough nutrients for your nails from your diet, you can take a supplement or even a multivitamin.
Just like what you eat shows its effects on your skin, your diet influences what your nails look like. So, the next time when you break a nail, don’t rush to make a salon appointment. Reach for one of the supplements to strengthen nails. After all, manicures look so much better on healthy, strong nails.
What are the Best Vitamins and Supplements for Hair, Skin, and Nails?
The right nutrition can go a long way in making your hair, skin, and nails healthy and strong. Here is a list of the best vitamins and supplements for skin, hair, and nails.
- Biotin or vitamin B7 supplements – Also known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H, biotin is a water-soluble vitamin. It is a crucial nutrient that supports the growth of skin, nails, and hair. Biotin also helps in protein synthesis, especially keratin. Keratin is the basic protein that is needed for the growth of hair and nails. There are also several studies showing that biotin deficiency leads to brittle nails, hair loss, and skin rashes. By taking biotin supplements, you can stimulate the growth of your hair and also reduce the rate of hair shedding. Biotin supplements can improve the symptoms of brittle, weak nails in about 6 weeks. You can take a look at our list of the best beauty supplements where we have reviewed biotin supplements for hair, skin, and nails.
- L-cysteine supplements – L-cysteine is a sulfur-containing amino acid and is a building block of protein molecules. The body can either synthesize it or you have to take it through food. As it is a precursor to keratin (hair protein), it synthesizes and strengthens the root of your hair, along with restructuring the hair shaft. If your body doesn’t get or have enough L-cysteine, supplementing it is the best option.
- Vitamin A supplements – When you’re looking for supplements for better skin, you cannot ignore the importance of vitamin A. Also known as retinol, vitamin A is required for improving the appearance of your skin and enhancing overall skin health. Moreover, retinol helps n blurring the signs of premature aging and it even protects the skin from irritants.
- Collagen supplements – One of the structural peptides that are crucial for nails, skin, and hair is collagen protein. This extracellular matrix helps in sealing water and promoting smooth, soft, and supple skin. By taking oral collagen supplements, you can improve the condition of your skin, as well as, your hair and nails.
- Vitamin D supplements – Vitamin D is important for maintaining your overall health. Even though most people get plenty of it through sun exposure, supplements can help to make up for the low levels of vitamin D. In average people, the skin is responsible for producing vitamin D and it can spread through your body to improve nail durability, hair growth, and skin clarity. Vitamin D deficiencies are quite common among people who don’t get a lot of sun exposure or have a poor diet. If you cannot get enough vitamin D from natural sources, you can turn to supplements to get the required amount of vitamin D for your nails, hair, and skin.
Can Taking Supplements Boost the Health?
Factors like genetics, age, and environmental aggressors are responsible for adversely affecting the health of your nails, hair, and skin. You can eat healthy, nutritious meals, drink a lot of water, and exercise daily to try to turn back the clock and get healthy skin, hair, and nails. However, if you are unable to get enough nutrients through foods alone, the ideal option would be to turn to take supplements for healthy nails, skin, and hair.
Recent studies have shown that taking vitamins and supplements for twelve weeks can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. If you consistently take oral supplements for 180 days, you might be able to promote hair growth and decrease hair thinning. Moreover, supplements can even help you get rid of brittle nail syndrome and have healthy, strong nails.
When you are craving for a little extra tender, love, and care, you can take vitamin supplements and they will help to serve your purpose. Unfortunately, taking care of your lifestyle and diet cannot always provide you with the best results. Sometimes, you need a little extra and this is where supplements come in. If you are unsure about vitamins and supplements for your skin, nails, and hair, you can talk to your healthcare provider. Also, take a look at our reviews of the best supplements that will help you to have glowing skin, shinier hair, and stronger nails.
How Long Do You Need to Take Them?
Vitamin supplements and products for your hair, skin, and nails are not miracle products that will show you results in just a few days. You have to consistently take them for a minimum of twelve weeks. Make sure not to miss your dosage if you want to see results faster.
Should You Speak to Your Doctor Before Taking Supplements for Your Hair, Nails, and Skin?
Vitamin and mineral supplements for hair, skin, and hair are generally safe for consumption and don’t cause any harm to the body. However, it is always good to get some professional guidance before taking supplements. You should know what you’re putting inside of your body and whether the ingredients will react with the medications that you are already taking.
What is the Dosage Frequency?
The dosage frequency of vitamin supplements for your hair, nails, and skin will be written on the package label of the product that you are using. Since all vitamins are not designed the same way, they are not consumed the same way.
Most of the supplements come in capsule or pill form and you can take them with every meal. You can swallow them with a glass of water. Other supplements are meant to be taken every alternate day of the week or maybe once every week. Vitamin supplements are also available in the form of gummies and they can be taken with food or water.
The dosage and its frequency would depend on the product that you are using.
If you are using a vitamin supplement that needs to be taken every day, make sure that you stick to the routine. Read the label carefully before consuming the supplement.
How to Take Supplements?
Vitamin supplements for nail growth, healthy hair, and glowing skin have to be consumed as per the instructions on the label of the product. You must never take more than the recommended dosage. It will not give you faster results, but you might suffer from vitamin toxicity.
So, are you still wondering what are the best supplements for hair growth, strong nails, and supple skin? Check out our reviews and find our list of the top 10 supplements for enhancing your beauty and staying young.
Tags: high quality supplements, garcinia cambogia dosage, what is chromium, what are polyphenols, is rhodiola safe, best joint supplement for men, medically proven weight loss supplements, fast muscle growth supplements, sam e for arthritis, red yeast rice benefits